Thursday, December 18, 2008

First Blog - Bears, University, and the Meaning of Life

OK, so being the person I am, and loving to write, people kept telling me to start up my own blog. I actually don't know why it's taken me this long to do it.....

So here it goes - my first ever blog. I'll never get this same feeling of the rush of posting the very first blog up for the very first time...

OK. I'm calm.

Guess we'll start with the basics...you know, to get into it...

I'm Eva Maria.
I'm 18.

I wish I could tell you I'm a secret spy squirrel who is secretly an undercover alien, plotting to bring peace and harmony to this Earth.
My imagination takes over half the time no matter whether I'm talking or writing, so don't be discouraged when my mind wanders...it'll get to the point eventually.

Currently I'm living in Wellington, New Zealand. It's a nice little capital away from anywhere big and busy, so it does me good.

I was born in Siberia, which is a huge part of Russia. To put myths at rest, bears do not live in people's homes there, let alone walk around on the streets. It gets cold in winter, yes, however the world doesn't hear about how our summers reach over 40 degrees. It's a place of extremes I guess. Which I just realized reflects my character.
Weirdd.

Also, I feel like I must say that Vodka isn't cheaper than water, or milk for that matter over there. And there's no such thing as a binge drinking culture. You get the odd alcoholic on the streets, stumbling home, but hey, the odd ball exists in every country.

In future, my preferred country of residence is France.
Paris to be exact, but I'm not putting my heart on anything yet.

You must be thinking "gosh silly little daydreamer wants to go to the city of love".
At this point in life, I'm probably one of those 'Down With Love' Renee Zellweger type crazies. Relationships is not my fortay.
Anyway, so Paris. Paris has intrigued me even before I knew what romance was. The culture I saw through French cinema, and more importantly literature, the character of the nation - it excited and interested me.
Also the Sorbonne University is there.
I don't want to go there just because it's like the Oxford of the French speaking world.
I want to go there because the attitudes, learning style, propaganda about education and knowledge, and the revolutionary mindset is what attracts me to it.

At this very current moment, I am an author.
Feels wank writing it as an occupation on those little forms for visas and questionnaires, but it's true now.
I work in other places to get by, but writing is what I'd do even if I wasn't getting paid for it. Actually helping people in any way possible is probably on the same level of things I'd do if I wasn't getting paid for it.

My mission for 2009 is to change one million adult-teenager relationships. Imagine happier people around.
Bageebas!
I'd LOVE that!
What would be really cool is if the guy that sells me salami could just smile at me, just once, instead of mumbling how teenagers like me are probably no different to the menace of a daughter he's 'stuck with'.

So yeeeah I'm getting pumped and ready for the big 2009, and I guess I'll be writing about my exciting adventures in this blog, so keep an eye out should be an exciting year!

Much love,

Eva-Maria

xxox

No comments:

Post a Comment