Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Attention to detail and big picture thinking

As of half an hour ago, 299 people have officially registered on my website in one week!!

Just sent out my little 'Merry Christmas, thank you for making a difference' e-mail to them :)
Man I love people.
Whoa whoa whoa!
So stoked!!

Stayed up all night putting the finishing touches on the workshops. Almost a work of art. Almost.

Sorted out all my financial loans and allowances and all that for Uni. The internet's so cool. It could be 2am on Christmas Eve, and you can still register for serious things!

4 interviews in Brisbane now. WOW!

And Sam, if you're reading this, I've got your big load of Tearaway magazines, including Jono's issue....it's sitting in my room...yup....just as I write!

Big countdown: I'll be flying out to Brisbane in 48 hours!
So rad - 350 acres of pure cultural goodness with circus acts and bands and speakers and workshops and dancers and fire dancing and singing and and and...!!!!!
Mum was freaking today in case we get lost - no phones, no internet, no nothing. Just the outdoors and lovely people. Yussss. I'm looking forward to my tech detox.

Ohh...so so weird. I never gave these online networking sites much thought, apart from keeping in touch with friends, but ya just learn new stuff every single day don't ya. I swear everyone's like family online. I've met 4 complete strangers who are going to be at the festival volunteering and one of them's singing there...

Amazing or what?!

Power of the internet!

And now I leave with some smartage quote said by Ron Dennis (Google him - amazing man)
as told to me by another amazing man - ze lovely Sam:

"The human spirit is unsuppressable. There's no such thing as 'ordinary people' because people are extraordinary.
So there is simply no limit to what we can achieve..........


.....You can combine attention to detail with big-picture thinking.

YOU CAN MAKE THE IMPOSSIBLE, POSSIBLE."



My friend decided to send this to me...he swears he'll leak it to someone one day to show me in my moment of egotisticalness....
In my defence, he asked to see his name in my book.

1 comment:

  1. wow you have written more in the last day or 2, than i have in 2 years (or closer to 3 actually lol) of me having one of these hahaha.

    Sweet about the magazines and stuff, so gutted i couldnt come over tonight and see you, mum and dad shot off to taupo for the night, so i gotta manage the camp, and i went to bed at 4am, up at 7.30am had work then a evening with the boys im so ready to drop but i gotta keep serving and helping people wanting accomodation and wanting to know this and that and im so over but its all good!!

    And yes Ron Dennis is quite the man, ive seen him in real life, but never met him unfortunatly.

    ReplyDelete