Thursday, January 29, 2009

Back in Welly-town

So I have been away but with good reason....
My looovely boyfriend Fernando decided to pop by all the way from Brisbane, so I spent most of last week and this week with him. We didn't sleep on the last Monday-Tuesday night, which resulted in driving around for the sake of driving around so we wouldn't fall asleep. His plane back to Brisbane was at 7am, and mine was at 9am to Blenheim.

We survived. Mum joined me on my journey to Blenheim. She is the co-publisher, so should be 'in the loop'.
We flew in, and got picked up by Kate - the Her Business Network Co-Ordinator. Maaaan is she amazing!!!!
She took care of us, and organized accommodation and transport and everything...lovely lovely woman. That's her and I standing in the picture below:




Tuesday night was the Blenheim Her Business Network meeting where I was guest speaker.
It was the best speech ever. I had a couple of hours sleep beforehand, but I was still calm enough to speak in a slower manner than I usually do when I just want to spit out every idea in my head at the given second because I know my head will keep filling up with thoughts so I have to say them fast.....Yes.

The feedback was awesome, and the ladies stayed on for dinner. The place we were staying at - Marlborough Vintners Hotels is absolutely amazing. Both at night and day. The hotel, and actually, the city in general, I must say I absolutely fell in love with. It has the serene peaceful feel that I wouldn't mind immersing into for a couple of months a year to just write.

The next day after morning hustle and bustle, we visited the local library (who had my book), the Paper Plus, the newspaper (to pick up the paper with this article :D ) and were off on our way to Nelson.


We arrived a couple of hours before the evening was to start. Once again, Nelson is a lovely quiet little place, and as Kate pointed out, it has the beautiful flower baskets hanging from the roofs, decorating the main street.



Once again, the speech went fantastic.

And then we all got hungry.
The local 'it' place to eat at is Cafe Laffare...apparently. Pop in there at some point because they have the weirdest stuff....guns on the walls, staff wearing nothing but black, and when you order food, they bring it to you raw on a sizzling hot piece of rock which in turn you must use as a stove to cook your food on. Interesting....

We stayed at an absolutely lovely lady's house - she owns properties that she sells and rents off - family business, but a very good one...she's converted me to do this when I'm older. The thing is I've always known about Property Investment, and my parents did it with us as a family, but I guess I never got into the big numbers and possibilities of it as much as I did that night driving in the orange car with this lady telling me all about it....

The house was awesome.
To point out two of my favourite things in it, apart from the fact that it was HUGE, it also had a boombox.....



and huge giraffes:



Is that sweet or what?!!

The next morning at 7am Mum and I graced the local BNI Chapter, after which we both had back-to-back meetings, up until the time we had to run off at 2pm to catch our flight!

And if anyone's been to Nelson airport, it is THE cutest thing I have EVER seen....apart from my brother....

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment