Monday, December 3, 2012

Taking a Holiday with Your Teens this Christmas

It's been a while since my last post on here - 2012 turned into a pretty exciting year, and many things ended up getting put on hold. Thank you to everyone who sent e-mails asking about my blog posts...and if the blog was still alive. My new years resolution will be to try and keep this site updated more regularly. Fingers crossed! :)

Last year, I had a very successful campaign when I set out to help give parents advice about taking a holiday with their teens over the Christmas break. What started with some Facebook Posts, ended up with magazine and newspaper articles, and finally a spot on national TV. To say the least, many people heard about it, and what's more is many took on, challenged my advice, put it into practice, perfected it, and for the most part (or at least the stories I heard), it helped!

So coming up to Christmas this year, I'm revisiting the topic.

Here's a link to one of last year's publicized articles:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/christmas-2011/6154227/Recipe-for-getting-along-at-Christmas

Reading it now, there's not much I would change, and that is what's relevant; inter-generational relationships and ways to minimize conflict between generations is always relevant, because it's inevitable.

But I'd love to hear your thoughts about the article - do you agree? Have you taken on any of this advice in the past? How did it pan out?

Until 2013 dear readers. Merry Christmas, and have a great entrance into the New Year!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment